Sunday, February 12, 2012

"The Killer in Me"

Willow: "She says she wants you to meditate extra hard for her and bring her back some s'mores."

Giles: "Ah, yes, s'mores. I'm going to end up singing campfire songs, aren't I?"



S'more's Cupcakes!!!

Who doesn't love s'mores?  Well, maybe my husband who is allergic to chocolate, but not many others.  These tasty treats are delicious, especially just out of the oven.

Ingredients:
24 cupcake liners
24 Yellow cake cupcakes
Graham crackers, broken in to pieces
Chocolate baking chunks
24 Large Marshmallows
24 Honey Teddy Grahams
24 Hershey's bar pieces
Marshmallow creme

I looked at a couple of different recipes before I decided what to do here.  First, I wanted a graham cracker base, but not like a crust.  I broke up the crackers into chunks and placed them into the cupcake liners.  Next I made a layer using the chocolate baking chunks, and lastly place the marshmallow on top.  I really wanted to make it similarly constructed like a S'more. 

In the batter, I put more chocolate chunks and poured it around the marshmallow.  Bake as directed.  *Trial and Error* I knew the marshmallow would rise a bit, but I didn't expect it to completely collapse and leave a giant hole in my cupcake.  Luckily, I had planned to make a marshmallow creme frosting and instead, I just filled the hole with marshmallow creme.  Now, no frosting necessary.  Finish off with a Hershey's chocolate square and teddy graham.  Serve warm for chewy goodness.  Or cooled.  Either way, it's AMAZING. 

Be crafty,
Kris






No comments:

Post a Comment