Monday, February 6, 2012

"Real Me"

Harmony: Okay, hi. First of all, I wanna thank everybody for a really successful raid on the magic shop last night. [she applauds] Good job, minions! Yes, you deserve it. Secondly, somebody remembered to pick me up the sweetest little unicorn!



So yes, I did indeed paint a ceramic unicorn at my favorite DIY place just so a celebrity could sign it.  It was a lot of fun to make and Mercedes McNab was super nice.  She was a good sport about signing it, which is funny since she was asked during the panel if she collected anything like the vampire she played in Buffy, Harmony, did, to which she replied, "Shoes."  She went on to say that she actually smashed all the unicorns she could at the end.  :(  So I cautiously approached her and handed over my unicorn and asked politely to not break it.  She laughed.

 




This is just the beginning of my Austin Comic Con post(s).  Even though this was the only crafty thing I made for the event, the con includes aspects pretty important to the blog (the titles and all) and I LOVE Buffy and geeky stuff, so I just want to blog, at length, about it. 




Mercedes McNab (above) signing autographs.  Charisma Carpenter, M. McNab, and James Leary at the Buffy panel.

Be Crafty (and nerdy),
Kris



No comments:

Post a Comment