Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Bargaining Part 1"

Buffybot: "That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo!"


I have a friend who makes AMAZING pies and for his birthday, I made HIM pie for once.  Pie cupcakes!  These cupcakes do come from the "What's New, Cupcake" book. 

Ingredients:
Foil liners
Vanilla cupcakes
Vanilla Frosting - tinted slightly brown with peanut butter
Red and Blue m&ms
Cooling rack - for decorative purposes*
Sandwich bag - to pipe frosting, unless you actually have a piping bag

*You can also use the cooling rack to COOL the cupcakes.  ;)

These cupcakes are SUPER easy!  (It actually says that in the book, too)  Frost the cupcakes.  Arrange same colored m&ms on cupcake.  Red = cherry pie.  Blue = blueberry pie.  Using the sandwich baggie (or piping bag) to pie lines across the cupcake for lattice work and then around the cupcake for the crust.  Place finished cupcakes on cooling rack for display.


Trials and Errors: 

The book suggest another way to tint the frosting a light brown, but since 1) John LOVES peanut butter and 2) Peanut Butter is a brown-ish color, I used PB.  I think it turned out great!  And tasted quite yummy. 

I didn't really read the directions in the book at first about how to make the lattice work.  After getting super frustrated with sloppy, squiggly lines, I referred to the book.  Surprise!  They tell you how to make straight lines.  That's what I get. 

It's also a struggle being a lefty.  I read how to make the crust and while trying to figure out to do it with the opposite hand, I just ended up with not quite perfect crust.  Oh well.  It still looked okay.  And don't forget tasty!

Instructions (for retro cupcaker):
Sweet Apron
White Blouse
Skirt
Pearls
Updo
Heels
Smile
Cupcakes

Mix ingredients together and enjoy!

Be crafty,

Kris


My dog Maya thought they smelled great!


No comments:

Post a Comment