Friday, September 9, 2011

"Becoming: Part 2"

Spike: "What, your Mom doesn't know?"
Joyce: "Know what?"
Buffy: "That I'm, uh... in a band. A-A rock band with Spike, here."
Spike: "Right, she plays the, duh, triangle."
Buffy: "Drums."
Spike: "Drums, yeah. She's hell on the old skins, you know."
Joyce: (to Spike) "And what do you do?"
Spike: "Well I sing."



Happy Birthday to my friend Gus!

Gus plays drums and I wanted to try and give him some rockin' cupcakes.  So I went with a drum set.  Gus' favorite cake is red velvet, so I made that for him. 

Ingredients:
Red Velvet Cake - Jumbo Muffin, Standard and mini cupcakes
Cream Cheese Frosting
Black Icing
Nilla Wafers
Oreo
Gumdrop
Black Licorice niblet
Toothpicks

Since I wanted it to look as realistic as possible, while using the requested flavors, I unwrapped all the cupcakes.  Take the Jumbo cupcake, frost the top and bottom, and place on it's side.  This will be the bass drum. Using the licorice niblet, set against the back of the drum for the pedal.  Two of the standard cupcakes will be stacked for the floor tom and another for the snare drum.  Two mini cupcakes will be the smaller toms, attached to the bass drum with toothpicks.  Assemble as closely as possible.  Take two Nilla wafers and insert a toothpick through the center.  These will be the cymbals.  For the stool, take one Oreo, insert one end of a toothpick into the Oreo and the other end into a gumdrop. 

I added his name to the front of the bass drum and put records around the drum set.  The records are just mini cupcakes with black icing and cream cheese frosting in the middle. 


Drum set complete!


Be Crafty,

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment