Monday, September 5, 2011

"Checkpoint"

Spike: "Don't make a lot of noise. Passions is coming on."
Joyce: "Passions? Oh, do you think Timmy's really dead?"
Spike: "Oh, no, no. she can just sew him back together. He's a doll, for god's sake."


I am so excited to say that I finally have my first sewing machine!

I know the basics of using one, but my mom will be coming to show me everything and then I can hopefully start sewing away! 

How did I come across this amazing machine?  Bear, my husband, and I decided to enjoy the Sunday afternoon and go to an estate sale.  As soon as I saw it, I knew that I had to have it.  The drop down sewing machine that folds into a table.  Beautiful.


But first I had to know if it worked.  Since it's been about 10 years since I've looked at one, it took me a bit to remember how to turn it on.  I knew to plug it in (I'm not THAT blonde!) but when I stepped on the pedal... nothing.  Hm.... surely I can figure this out.  I started pushing buttons and aha!  The light turns on.  So I know electricity is running.  I turn off the light and continue pushing buttons.  I finally break down and pull out the manual.  OH.  The light has to be on for the machine to run.  Turn light on, push pedal, and... SUCCESS! 

I can't tell you how excited I was. I know exactly where it's going.  I just have to make some room.  :)

Be crafty,

Kris

P.S.  Keep an eye out for some Cosplaying!  Austin Comic Con is coming up and hopefully I can start making some costumes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment